huge (adjective) LISTEN
Huge means ‘extraordinarily large.’
- There are huge spiders in tropical regions.
- The cruise ship was so huge, it felt like they were in a small city.
- The mayor has a huge ego.
Huge also means ‘very great.’
- The play was a huge success thanks to the actor's performance.
- The father took a huge risk when he loaned his son money for a new car.
- Eating fruits and vegetables provides a huge benefit to your health.
Don't confuse it with
hug: to embrace. Example: “She hugged her husband before leaving on her flight.”
In pop culture
Watch this news report about a huge alligator in a park in Florida.
There are other meanings of huge.