blend (verb, noun) past tense: blended LISTEN
Blend means ‘to mix together.’
- Blend the flour and eggs together.
- Add mustard to oil and vinegar to blend the salad dressing.
A blend is made by combining things together.
- This coffee blend reminds me of chocolate.
- A blend of the soprano and baritone voices makes a harmonious duet.
- The soup is a blend of roasted vegetables and herbs.
blended family: a family consisting of a couple with children from previous relationships as well as their own. Example: “Sharon and Rick had a blended family of six children.”
blender: an electric mixing machine that blends liquid and solid foods into various textures. Example: “Ted put a banana, spinach and apple juice into his blender to make a drink every morning.”
In pop culture
Watch this Twinings Tea video on how to make a tasty tea blend: