nasty (adjective) LISTEN
Nasty means ‘highly offensive or disgusting.’
- Ella's husband has the nasty habit of eating with his mouth open.
- The nasty smell of yesterday's garbage filled the room.
- "I don't want any fried liver; it's nasty!"
Nasty also means ‘indecent or obscene.’
- The teenagers never use nasty language in front of their parents.
Nasty can also mean ‘angry, threatening or ugly.’
- The nasty boys would not let the other children play in the playground.
- The neighbors' nasty dog barked every time Cathy walked by.
Did you know?
“Such a nasty woman,” was a comment that Donald Trump made about Hillary Clinton during the 2016 US presidential campaign. The expression, “nasty woman” went viral and launched a feminist movement. Read about it here.
In pop culture
Watch Janet Jackson’s music video “Nasty” and read the lyrics here.