fashion (noun, verb) past tense: fashioned LISTEN
Fashion is a prevailing style of dress or appearance.
- Miniskirts were the latest fashion in 1966.
- Although long, curly hair is in fashion, Jessica prefers short hair.
- "Paris fashions are not usually popular in our town."
Fashion is also the way or manner of doing something.
- "If we're discussing politics, let's do it in a civilized fashion."
Fashion also means ‘to give a particular shape or form to.”
- Marianne fashioned a necklace out of sea shells that she collected.
old fashioned: in an old style. Example: “The decor of her aunt’s home was very old fashioned.”
after a fashion: to a small extent. “I speak French after a fashion.”
Did you know?
An old fashioned is an alcoholic mixed drink. To learn how to make one, watch the video:
In pop culture
Listen to Queen singing their 1977 hit, “Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy.”
There are other meanings of fashion.