mighty (adjective, adverb) LISTEN
Mighty means ‘showing super power or strength.’
- The mighty army attacked the rebels.
- The mighty ruler ignored many of the laws.
Mighty can also mean ‘huge.’
- The mighty Mississippi River bisects the United States.
Mighty also means ‘very’ or ‘extremely.’
- Leslie was mighty glad to see her daughter during vacations.
- The teacher was mighty upset when her all students failed the exam.
high and mighty: acting as if you’re more important than others. Example: “When Rachel was accepted at Harvard, she started acting all high and mighty.”
Did you know?
Mighty Mouse was a popular cartoon in the 1950s that children watched on TV every Saturday morning. He was a superhero who could fly. Watch the intro.
In pop culture
Watch Jimmy Sommerville’s video of his song “Mighty Real.” Does this song makes you feel mighty happy?