restless (adjective) LISTEN
Restless means ‘without rest or sleep.’
- Marge spent a restless night worrying about her daughter.
- The restless sleeper tossed and turned all night.
Restless also means ‘always in motion.’
- The restless sea tossed the ship back and forth.
- The teacher could not calm down the restless children.
- Rachel was restless and could not sit down for more than a minute.
Did you know?
Restless legs syndrome is a medical condition that causes an urge to move your legs uncontrollably.
In pop culture
Restless is a movie about a young man whose best friend is the ghost of a kamikazi pilot and who attends funerals of people he doesn’t know. At one of these funerals, he meets a young woman. Watch the trailer.