keen (adjective) LISTEN
If something is keen, it is very sensitive or alert.
- Carl has a keen sense of smell and knows what's for dinner as soon as he opens the door.
- Julia has a keen mind; she always solves the problems before the other students.
If someone is eager and enthusiastic, they are keen.
- William was keen to see the new play on opening night.
- Denise is keen on football.
Keen can also mean ‘intense.’
- There is keen competition for that job.
Peachy keen: excellent. For example: “How are you feeling today?” “Peachy keen.”
In pop culture
This video about Star Trek Discovery talks about how former Star Trek cast members are not too keen to appear in the new series. That means that the cast is not eager to appear.