rich (adjective) LISTEN
Someone who has a lot of money or expensive possessions is rich.
- Lisa's rich uncle left her his country home.
Rich food may be made with a large amount of fat or sugar.
- The meat was covered in a rich sauce.
- The fudge was so rich, I could only eat one piece.
Something that has great or many natural resources is rich.
- The farmer was happy to have a rich harvest this year.
- Many Middle Eastern countries are rich in oil.
Did you know?
Have you ever heard of a get-rich-quick deal? It is an investment at a very low price with the promise that you will make a lot of money. Be very careful before accepting a get-rich-quick deal!
In pop culture
Watch Gwen Stefani sing “Rich Girl.” Does it remind you of “If I Were a Rich Man” from the movie Fiddler on the Roof? Which version do you like better?
There are other meanings of rich.